Samoa - The Living Culture!
Day tours, with a local
Welcome to paradise! Our Samoa tours are truly unique. Take the chance to explore an unspoiled tropical destination without thousands of tourists walking the same track. Get away from the resorts for a day and uncover local Samoan culture, unlike any other tours in Samoa.
Samoa travel provides you with the epitome of a perfect island paradise: white beaches, palm trees, verdant rainforests, and friendly local people. With our Samoa tours, travellers can discover this off-the-beaten track destination and experience firsthand the vibrant culture, the backbone of this island nation. So live as a local for a day, and let us show YOU the real living culture of Samoa. Learn more about our local, family-run business here. If you need some accomodation during your stay you can find great local deals here.
16th Samoa International Game Fishing Tournament
Place: Apia Samoa - [ 28/04/2015 - 05/05/2015 ]
Get ready for the Samoa International Game Fishing Tournament which always takes place in May each year. Note: The dates are subject to change.Mother's Day
Place: Samoa - [ 14/05/2015 ]
Mother's day is one of the biggest family celebrations during the yearSamoa Independence Day 50th anniversary
Place: Samoa - [ 01/06/2015 - 02/06/2015 ]
One of the largest events on the island, the Samoa Independence Day celebrates the island's independence from New Zealand in 1962.
more... more stories...
Our Samoa Urban Adventures team are passionate about their beautiful island nation and want to show travellers the real side of their destination, beyond the pristine beaches. There are many hidden treasures that shouldn't be missed on a Samoa holiday and each Samoa tour offers travellers unique and authentic experiences..."Life is a Tour - Open your eyes before the journey is over"
Feels like: 28°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.